Wednesday 1 August 2012

Charity knitting


Hello Friends!

I skipped a few days...the last thing I want is for my blog to become a chore for me, so I don't really feel too guilty for not posting.  I've been busy with other creative things though...as you can see!




Over the past few months, I've been busy, on and off, with knitting these teddy bears.  There's 14 of them. All different colours, but all from the same pattern.  

They are now travelling to a poorer country of the world.  To be honest, at this time I don't know quite where.  But there is a retired doctor in this area, who travels a lot to do some humanitarian work, and he packs as many teddies and other "gifts" as he can, to distribute.



On Monday evening, I lined up "my" teddies for their photo shoot, then gave them a talk about how they were going to make 14 little children so very happy, all while packing them into their little bags, and putting a twist tie on the bag.

Then all were packed into a bigger carrier bag, and on Tuesday they began their journey from my home, to one friends home.  Then on to another home...then this morning to the collection point..and at the end of the week, they will be in flight.



It does feel good to be able to make something and hopefully make someone else happy by doing so.

Namaste


All content ©artysane

No comments:

Post a Comment