Friday 20 July 2012

Calm morning before the "storm" of work



Good Morning, Friends.


I'm at home right now, having slept a little later than usual, and then I've been checking mail, and well, ok, if I'm honest, and if you are honest too, don't we all just waste a bit of time online?  :)  Soon, in fact, once this is officially blogged, I must go and shower and dress.  For I have to work today. I admit that I don't really enjoy late shifts.  It's hard for me to have to go in to work, when I want to continue with my day at home.  But in the caring professions, work must be continued by someone over an entire 24 hour period, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  It would be nice to tell you that I'm paid a little extra for working unsociable hours.  It would be nice, but it'd be a lie. But I am thankful for a job.  


The little vase of flowers came from my front garden.  Really, the orange poppy I think it is, was just a misplaced item of beauty...some would call it a weed, I guess.  But I love it anyway.  The people who lived here before me were not avid gardeners..there's a bunch of pruning and weeding to do in order to get the garden back to its full glory.  But I'll get there.  Determination and a slow pace will succeed.  Remember the tortoise and the hare?  Yeah, I'm the tortoise, but I win finally!


The sun is out.  The sky is blue.  The ironing is beckoning me.  I'll open the windows wide, and if I use my imagination, the sound of the cars going by will become the rush of waves crashing onto the shore.  I can't see the busy road, so that helps the mental picture!


I hope that we all can find some beauty in this day.  I wish for us to have inner peace as we go through all the noise and busy - nesses...


And before I really do go... my quote for today ....




“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.”   ~ Ray Bradbury




What he says is true really...if we want to remake our world, change things for the better, help those around us...all of these changes must come first from a place of love...love can fill our hearts, and then those hearts overflow and love can then splash onto everyone we meet as we travel our lives...


Namaste




All content ©artysane

No comments:

Post a Comment